We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

Just saw that Brian Williams is going to be reporting on this summer's bear attacks in Yellowstone tonight on the NBC Nightly News.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

I saw it also and wondered how they will spin it and screw it up.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,068 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

I watched the NBC news tonight and no mention of Yellowstone or bear attacks.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,123 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

@ Surf7...cracked up at your ur post. Was wondering the same thing. Will he be reporting on the same park we all know and love?

Pam

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

Really? We were out to dinner and I forgot to DVR the program. Gee, they advertised on the Today Show this morning that there was going to be a segment on bear attacks in YNP. Wonder why they didn't air it - maybe something else more urgent in the news came about?

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

Now they are saying the report on YNP and the bears is going to be on the NBC Nightly News tonight - Friday night, Sept 2

Aldan, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
413 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

yes i saw it too, this morning, sept 2nd.. itll be on tonite at 630 east coast time....saying something about how something has changed within yellowstone and showed bears in background.....interested to see just what is or has changed since i was there last august....

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

I saw something on Good Morning America the other day and it showed a bear meandering right through cars parked along side the road with people standing right next to their cars. I guess they deserve to get attacked if they are that stupid. The bears are not Yogi.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,068 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

It was on tonight. They talked about the bear attacks and how the bears were really eating at this time of year. Also talked to one of the park rangers about safety in the park.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

If you missed the big "Yellowstone Bear Special Report" you missed nothing. It was five or six minutes of file footage with some chatter from a field reporter. It ended with the rangers having trapped a bear, and they are doing DNA testing to see if this is the same bear that was responsible for the last death. The piece closed with one of the park rangers assuring everyone that if proper safety procedures are followed, the park is, "perfectly safe to visit."

Edited: 03 September 2011, 12:30
10. Re: News report on bear attacks in YNP this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:18