We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirius satellite reception?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
986 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sirius satellite reception?

How about it, any satellite reception in the park? After all, the Browns will play a game on 9/18.

Just curious if I should bother getting a rental car with satellite or not. You get spoiled quickly, or at least I get spoiled quickly.

Yellowstone...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

I have Sirius/XM and generally get good reception throughout the park except in some of the deeper canyons (Firehole in particular), and where the trees are thick and line the road. You shouldn't have a problem at all.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
986 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

Thanks.

Tough enough without TV, coffeemakers in the room, Wi-Fi, etc.

I need some technology!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,911 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

We've never had an issue with satellite radio in the park. Just drove through a month ago and never lost a signal.

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

Same here. No trouble with Sirius last week. Our phones seemed to work for the most part too, so we could check for kid e-mail, etc.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

Our son works for YNP and lives in Mammoth. He never has any problem with his Sirius radio signal. And we are avid Browns fans, too!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

We had sirius on our rental car (just had it -- didn't have to pay extra) for 10 days a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice it going out at all. We actually had cell phone and 3G at Canyon for the first time ever. (AT&T) They apparently added a tower near or on Mt. Washburn. Cell coverage was sporadic as usual while driving around the park but could connect to the internet/email at night.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

Good to know there's Sirius reception in the park. We always turn ours off when we get to the gate :-)

8. Re: Sirius satellite reception?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 02:17