We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

First of all, thanks for all the help with my previous post. I've learned a lot. It looks like I'll be making this trip, my first to YNP, alone. That's fine with me, but once it gets dark, and there's not much to see, it would be nice to spend some time with other travelers. I'm mid 20's, not that age matters as much as similar interests. I'll be in the OF cabins the first night, and then Cooke City for the next 3.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,745 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

A lot of people hang out on the front porch on in the main area of the lodge near the fireplace at Old Faithful.

st louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

We were there in Aug and Sept. We enjoyed the porch on the 2nd floor of old faithful inn. We enjoyed a glass of wine and watching the geyser erupt after dark. We stayed 5 nights in Silvergate at a cabin across the creek from the Grizzly Lodge. Stop The Car Trading Post was open late and were grilling dogs and burgers outside and other food inside.You could sit outside at picnic tables and talk to other people.You can friend Stop The car Trading Post on facebook and find what is happening in Silvergate. The general store in Silvergate across from Stop The Car has a fire going at night. You can sit on their porch and enjoy a ice cream or other snack. They also rent spotting scopes and have a lot of information about wildlife in the area. Doug watches the wolves every morning. The Log Cabin restaurant in Silvergate had good food. We also ate at Miners Pizza in Cooke City about 3 miles from Silvegate. They had yummy burgers and the best homemade fries I have tasted. Aot of people were there in the evening.

Edited: 09 February 2012, 18:02
Worcester...
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

Thatnks you both so much. I'll be at the Grizzly Lodge, so I'll make the trip over. Can you walk across the creek somewhere, or do you have to drive?

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

You can walk from The Grizzly Lodge to all of the places in Silver Gate that Funmom mentioned above. Cooke City, on the other hand, is about four miles east of Silver Gate, so you will probably want to drive there.

Edited: 09 February 2012, 20:41
Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

Just to be clear, you can walk from anywhere in Silvergate to anywhere else in Silvergate. You can walk from anywhere in Cooke City to anywhere else in Cooke City. But to go between the two you'll want to drive.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

There is a lounge in the Old Faithful Inn called the Bear Pit and another one in the Old Faithful Snow Lodge called the Firehole Lounge. Both have bars and table seating areas. Along with the usual spirits they also have beer on tap from nearby microbreweries. Moose Drool anyone?

7. Re: Popular meeting places for people in YNP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 10:18