We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

While in YNP, we WERE staying:

2 nights OFI

2 Nights Canyon/Dunraven

1 Night Roosevelt Roughrider

but... I just swapped one of the nights at Canyon for a 2nd night in Roosevelt! Tell me I made a good decision. I really don't like being without a bathroom, but I wanted more opportunities to see wildlife.

The only other thing was we originally had 3 beds at Roosevelt, but when we added a 2nd night, we had to switch to a 2 bed cabin. Oh well...

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

Personally, I would much rather spend my nights at Rosie than Canyon. The no bathroom thing is our usual MO. They are not far, and have always been clean. If it is a concern, you can have them add the request to be near the bathroom. Spend some time after your sunset wildlife viewing on the porch with a beverage and you will not regret your switch (in my opinion)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

Yippee...I feel better already. It's a hard decision to make when you've never visited before, but I'm we sure that we will love "Rosie". I just figured OFI & Canyon were going to be busy, so we needed to balance it out with some serenity. The rest of our trip is either in Jackson or Signal Mt. Lodge.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

We have never been either and are booked for 2 nights at "Rosie" as well. We can not wait to spend the time there and rough it without the bathrooms!! We have heard great things about it so I am sure we can make it through. We figured we would get our luxury at Signal mountain and at the end of our trip at a bed and breakfast!! ENJOY

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

I think you made a good choice. We spent three nights at Roosevelt (Frontier cabin) and it was our favorite location of the trip (we also stayed 3 nights at OFI and one at Lake). Roosevelt was the most peaceful place and the stars at night were simply amazing. We spent time at Canyon and enjoyed the hiking and spectacular views, but we (my wife and I) were not impressed with Canyon Village, so I'm gald we did not stay there.

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

RE: "...rough it without the bathrooms!! "

Lest anyone misunderstand, Roosevelt DOES have bathrooms, the best kind in fact. You get to walk a little bit between here and there!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

You just wait...Yellowstone may not have had rain for weeks, but the 2 nights that we will be at Roosevelt and making our middle of the night visit to the potty, it will be raining! I'm certain that we will get the full "Roughrider" experience. :)

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

I have always thought it is a little unfair that a guy -- if he is well prepared (i.e. pee bottle) -- doesn't have to go all the way to the "potty" on a rainy or snowy night, but such an arrangement is much more difficult for the ladies. C'est la guerre.

8. Re: Tell me I made a good switch with our park accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:19