We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I overnight in YNP anywhere besides in a campground?

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Can I overnight in YNP anywhere besides in a campground?

Trying to budget for trip in July in RV and wonder if it is legal to overnight park anywere or do I have to stay in an official campground?? Are there areas like rest areas that would have overnight parking allowed?? Thanks

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I overnight in YNP anywhere besides in a campground?

You will have to stay in an official campground. Camping or overnight vehicle parking in pullouts, picnic areas, picnic grounds, or any place other than a designated campground are not permitted.

Here is a link to all of the campgrounds, cost and size RV they can accomodate. Advance reservations are highly recommended for the popular time of year you will arrive.

nps.gov/yell/…camping-in-yellowstone.htm

2. Re: Can I overnight in YNP anywhere besides in a campground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:32