We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xanterra wildlife tours in Lamar Valley/Lake YNE area

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Xanterra wildlife tours in Lamar Valley/Lake YNE area

I'm trying to locate an affordable wildlife tour for two adults in the Lamar Valley, Lake YNE, and Roosevelt area in early July. I've looked at most of the pricier tour sites and then saw the Xanterra wildlife tours listed as being 1-10 hours in length.

Since my party has only 3 days in YNE, I wanted to squeeze in a half-day to 8 hour tour in the above mentioned area on Day 2. I've read several posts that indicate one can see wildlife on their own, but want a tour to help ensure they see wildlife since this is big on their wish list.

Can anyone suggest a good half-day to 8 hour tour for the above mentioned areas or provide feedback on what Xanterra offers?

Thanks.

Worcester...
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xanterra wildlife tours in Lamar Valley/Lake YNE area

I haven't personally taken any tours, but there are no quarantees any tour will see wildlife. They are also on a schedule, so there may be something they'd like to stop and watch, and would be unable to. It does has the advantage of letting them avoid some driving.

Yellowstone...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xanterra wildlife tours in Lamar Valley/Lake YNE area

gdible2012,

We agree with Adriana, no tour company can guarantee wildlife sightings. We, Xanterra, do have Lamar Valley tours that will let you learn more about what you're seeing outside of the tour vehicle windows. Plus the tour guide can answer any questions you might have on your tour.

yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/lamar-vall…

We also have private tours available if that's something that interests your family.

yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/custom-gui…

3. Re: Xanterra wildlife tours in Lamar Valley/Lake YNE area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:21