We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellowstone National Park and area

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Yellowstone National Park and area

Have you heard of Red Lodge, a quaint old mining town and if so, how far is that from Bozeman and Cody and is there a place to stay? Also have you heard of Colter Bay Village at Jackson Lake and if so, would you stay there? If we stayed within Yellowstone, which places are at the western entrance, is that the Bear Tree Lodge and the northern is Travelodge and Comfort Inn or would you go into the park at the east entrance and stay at the lake (we'd like to drop anchor at some points rather than move from place to place), what point is more centrally located? You are right, we will have to check car drop off rates, good point. I understand it is 8 hours by car from Jackson to Denver. So there is still a lot to consider. We looked up the Rustic Inn and that really looks nice for mid week. Still figuring this out, you have been a great help....you should be a travel agent.

Thank you,

Mount Washburn
National Parks, Mountains
Gibbon Falls
Waterfalls, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Geologic Formations, National Parks
Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellowstone National Park and area

Like I said in your other thread, two thumbs up for Colter bay Village.

The "western entrance" is not "centrally located" in YNP. Canyon is. Lake is.

I would say getting from Jackson to Denver in 8 hours by car is flying low, but might be possible if you limit your stops.

2. Re: Yellowstone National Park and area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:40
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...