We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Does This Sound?

pgh,pa
Level Contributor
179 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
How Does This Sound?

We will be traveling to the area June 9th of this year. Since Im not sure if we will get back I wanted to also see the Black Hills Area. Due to flight scheduling we will be arriving Jackson 2PM ( staying at The Lexington). The next day will travel to Yellowstone for 3 nights (Dunraven Lodge) After our Yellowstone visit we will leave early and spend some time in Cody before arriving in Buffalo for the night. Then the next day will drive to Black Hills staying in Keystone for 3 nights. Our flight then leaves Rapid City in the afternoon of day 9. I thought this would give us a nice overview of these areas and not involve too much driving on any given day. Any ideas if my thinking is correct or not. There will be four of us and I was wondering at this time of year do I need a SUV or would a full size car be ok ? Thanks to all

Billings MT
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Does This Sound?

Some might argue that you should spend one less night in Keystone and one extra night in Yellowstone, but if you are looking at a good overview of each of the areas, then IMO your plan sounds good. While in the Black Hills, be sure to see Mount Rushmore at night when they light it up. On your way from Buffalo to Keystone, take a detour to Devils Tower. It is something impressive to see. If you aren't claustrophobic, you might want to consider touring a cave while in the Black Hills. Jewel Cave or Wind Cave are both interesting. And don't forget to visit Custer State Park. The roads you will be driving both in Yellowstone and the Black Hills are all paved, and at that time of year a car will suit you just fine. Have a good trip.

pgh,pa
Level Contributor
179 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Does This Sound?

Thanks for your input. We are going to those places you mentioned and the Badlands

We all like caves so are going to do both of the caves you mentioned. I think I will stick with my original plans and glad to know about the car needs

3. Re: How Does This Sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:41