We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coffee coffee coffeee

Marlborough...
Level Contributor
520 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
coffee coffee coffeee

I feel like a total crack head for even bringing this up but I have a pretty good coffee addiction. Obviously there are no Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts in the park (which is a GOOD thing!!) so what is the coffee situation in YNP?

Will I be able to get a cup throughout the day in each little section of the park where the shops and restaurants are?? or is it just a morning thing? (perish the thought!)

How bout lodging? We are specifically staying in Roosevelt and Old Faithful area. I believe we have a Roughrider cabin and then we are staying at the Old Faithful Inn. Im guessing the cabin will not have an in-room coffee maker. :-/

I told myself I would wean myself down to one cup a day but 38 days away from our trip (38 days!!!!) and I haven’t really put in any effort yet. :-/

If I pack some sodas (ick) will that do the same thing for me? I thought I read at some point that coffee has additional stimulants in it but maybe only caffeine is the thing that gives you withdrawal headaches??

Besides I read that coffee is actually good to combat elevation sickness so maybe I bet ramp up my intake!!! :-D (hahaha)

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,914 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

Haven't been there in a few years, but when I last was, Roosevelt had coffee available at the lodge before the dining room opened in the morning. You could grab a cup and sit in the rocker on the porch to wait for breakfast. I am not a coffee drinker, so no idea if it was any good, lol. Others will chime in- you are not the only addict!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

I'm glad you brought it up because I was wondering the same thing!!! I absolutely have to have my coffee to be able to function and be alert! And I really hope it does help with elevation sickness too!!

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

Coffee is available in some cabins, don't know about yours.

It's available at all dining facilities, general stores and gas stations (the premixed stuff as well).

The park and the park water really are in the 21st century.

Edited: 08 May 2012, 17:10
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,327 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

OFI has an espresso cart in the lobby. I have always wanted to get a coffee and sit out on the 2nd floor deck overlooking the geyser basin to drink it! I would be surprised if it did not stay open all day.

If you wind up in West Yellowstone, there is a nice coffee place inside the indie bookstore there called The Book Peddler. Unfortunately for those of us who feel it is incumbent on them to head in to the park at 0h-dark-thirty, it doesn't open til 7AM.

Pam

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

We are going in august for the first time....and we are staying in 3 different areas of the park. We will NOT chance the fact that they "MAY " or may not have coffee for us ....especially at 4-430 AM when we get up to search for wildlife. So when we arrive and purchase our cooler and supplies, we are picking up a cheap coffee maker and supplies and will be making our own!! At any time of day we wish to...and will leave it and the cooler for someone else, when we leave!!

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
449 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

I just picked up some Starbucks Via on sale at Costco. We'll bring along a little electric hot pot to heat up water in the morning. I think most mornings we'll be trying for sunrise photos if the weather cooperates, and nobody's going to be open at that hour!

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

Don't panic. All the stores have those auto push button latte machines. We would stop two- three times per day to get our caffeine fixes on our way to view wild life.

st louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

We had a cabin with coffee . When we left early in the morning I had saved a couple of LARGE stryofoam cups I got in Jackson and filled them up. I just kept rinsing them out. My husband kept trying to throw them out but I stopped him. He was happy to share my big cup of coffee. I did have to stop at the potty before I settled into carcass watching for wolves and bears.

Marlborough...
Level Contributor
520 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

sounds like there will be ample opportunities for me to be fully caffeinated!~

yay!!!

Gassaway
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: coffee coffee coffeee

Good point! I'll be following this post myself.

Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...