We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Rim or South Rim at Grand Canyon of Yellowstone?

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
122 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
North Rim or South Rim at Grand Canyon of Yellowstone?

We are looking to do some light hiking at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and see that there are two different trails. Just wondering if anyone could compare them in terms of views and difficulty. Thanks!

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Rim or South Rim at Grand Canyon of Yellowstone?

I have only done the South Rim trail. I started at Wapiti Lake trailhead and made it a loop. There is a neat thermal area along the trail and it also goes right next to Clear Lake. You come out behind Artist Point and then pick up the trail to follow the canyon back to your starting point. The last bit isn't as fun since it is close to the road in a few places but you still see neat views of the canyon. Elevation gain is pretty minimal. Very easy but fun :) All I can remember of the North Rim is that I could see the trail from the road quite a bit.

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
122 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Rim or South Rim at Grand Canyon of Yellowstone?

Thanks for your input. That is very helpful, and I will take your advice!

3. Re: North Rim or South Rim at Grand Canyon of Yellowstone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...