We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunraven opened today!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,008 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Dunraven opened today!

I was afraid with the bad weather the road between Tower and Canyon over Dunraven Pass would not open soon, but they tweeted about it this morning. No official news release yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/yellowstonenps

Pam

Edited: 29 May 2012, 19:18
Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunraven opened today!

Good news! Thanks, Pam. For those of us who don't twitter, did they give the over/under for how many times it will close and reopen?

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,008 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunraven opened today!

Bill...laughing myself silly over your comment. No they did not. Earlier it was just on Twitter not the News Release link (on my phone now so cant check). I think it's your duty to drive up there tomorrow and check it out, up close and personal-like. Take a tape measure and see how much snow is in the Dunraven trailhead parking lot while you're at it. You might need a break from critter-watching.

Pam

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunraven opened today!

Yeah, I forgot that opening the road is not the same as plowing out the parking lot at the trailhead. I'll set the over/under at 1.5 this year.

4. Re: Dunraven opened today!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:18