We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Could anyone please advise me on the best way to "tackle" the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone? We have about a half day in this area. I have read many things about the area, the different hiking options etc. Should we do the North or South Rim? Uncle Tom's Trail? We are both very fit so don't need to worry about stenuous hikes

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,659 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Well, I'm a height chicken so I will never recommend Uncle Tom's stairs! However, I think the 2 best viewpoints are Artist Point on the South rim for the Lower Falls and the Brink of the Upper Falls on the North rim.

You can add hikes on to these as you are interested. There are also multiple more viewpoints on both the South and North rims.

If you like to take pictures, try to be at Artist Point about 945-1000 to see the rainbow.

Pam

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Thanks Pam. I don't mind heights but my husbands not so keen!

3. Re: Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...