We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Seattle...
6 posts
Save Topic
Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Hello Trip Advisors!

I'm looking for some first-hand feedback regarding the Lake Lodge Western Cabins and the Lake Hotel (Yellow) Frontier Cabins?

I have both of these booked for the same night in late August (snatched them up when I was desperate for in-park lodging) and am trying to decide which one to keep. Both have private bath, and both have been renovated recently (according to the Xanterra website).

How would you compare the two cabins?

Danielle

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

The western cabins are a bit bigger.

Personally, I prefer the Lake Lodge area - it's up a little higher from the hotel, but there's really not that much difference in the cabins - and you won't be spending that much time in them

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Western cabins are the bigger of the two. Lake Lodge cabins are behind the lodge so out of view of the lake, but with some trees. Lake Hotel cabins are out in the open near the road, but also back of the hotel so again there isn't a great view from the cabins.

Long story short flip a coin. ;)

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Like the other posters have said, Lake Lodge Western Cabins are on a little hillside up and behind Lake Lodge - pretty convenient for the Lodge Cafeteria, gift shop, what I wouldn't call a bar where they serve drinks, and a little coin op laundry. Western Cabins are much larger. They are all duplex units. None have views of the lake. The lake is about 1/4 mile away.

Frontier Cabins are smaller, but still nice - many have 1-5 concrete steps. There is no porch light. These cabins are just a short walk to the General Store, and down a slight hill from the Lake Hotel, less than 1/4 mile. Some of the units are attached, like duplexes, some are stand-alone units. The attached units are thin-walled and you may hear your neighbors. None have views of the lake, but the lake is closer than at lake lodge.

Both of these Lodging facilities are right near each other - easy walking distance.

Seattle...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

The difference in price is nearly $50/night (Lake Lodge>Lake Hotel), which could feed the two of us for a day. Knowing that the Lake Hotel cabins are still nice, I'm leaning toward keeping that booking.

Thanks for the input!

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,916 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

go for the best price- you have the right kind of attitude!

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Replace "nice" with renovated and affordable and you have made your decision. If you don't need the western cabin just go with the cheaper one as there really isn't much to choose between the two. Now if one was renovated and one wasn't that would be easy, but they should all be done by now...

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

Do any of the cabins in the Lake area have bathtubs?

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

There may not be a bathtub in the entire park.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs. Lake Hotel Cabins

There are bathtubs is a few of the western cabins at Lake Lodge... no idea how many, but definitely not all. I would plan on showering...

Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...