We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grilling and Chilling

garyville
Level Contributor
190 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Grilling and Chilling

How plentiful are BBQ pits and are they near hotels?

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grilling and Chilling

This thread will give you more info than you ever wanted :-)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999-i481-k55376…

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grilling and Chilling

Just to update the above thread.

Portable charcoal grills are presently restricted in the park due to fire danger:

Temporary Fire Restrictions

Campfires are permitted only in established fire grates in picnic areas or campgrounds. They are not allowed in the backcountry.

You can use portable stoves and lanterns which use propane, white gas, kerosene, or jellied petroleum for fuel anywhere in the park. Fully enclosed sheepherder-type stoves are also permitted, if they are fitted with a spark arrester screen. The use of portable charcoal grills is prohibited.

Smoking is prohibited along all trails and anywhere in the backcountry.

Smoking is allowed in vehicles and along roads, near buildings, and in developed campgrounds or picnic areas if you are standing in an area at least three feet in diameter where nothing on the ground will burn.

garyville
Level Contributor
190 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grilling and Chilling

Thank you, that kills that option for food.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,286 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grilling and Chilling

some good ideas here : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999-i481-k54931…

and there is a link that I can't find right now for the picnic areas. there are many very scenic areas, so you get a meal you like with a view, and don't have to pay the dining prices.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grilling and Chilling

The above mentioned info dena posted is a direct quote from the YNP website.

nps.gov/yell/naturescience/wildlandfire.htm

You can check that to get the latest info - perhaps it will change by the time you get there. We are all wanting rain - parts of CO have had the burn ban lifted but not the county I live in.

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grilling and Chilling

<< Thank you, that kills that option for food. >>

No, everybody is still eating.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,286 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grilling and Chilling

oh Bill, you are so good at stating the obvious, lol. As long as they don't add a cooler ban, I'm good to go!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,660 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grilling and Chilling

Oh no, in some National Forest areas around here when there are critical conditions, you are required to carry a shovel and a bucket or other means to carry water to a fire. A cooler counts! So NO cooler ban...instead a cooler requirement!

Pam

9. Re: Grilling and Chilling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:47