We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining options near South Entrance?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Dining options near South Entrance?

We will be coming from Dubois into the park via the South Entrance. I tried to make a res for dinner at Lake Yellowstone where we are staying, but they are booked. What are my best food options both inside and outside of the park?

Additionally, are there any decent grocery stores on my way to stock up on snacks and drinks for the kids?

Finally, are there some must-see sights from the entrance to the hotel? We are on a bit of a tight schedule so I want to maximize my time.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dubois
Dubois
Wyoming
Yellowstone Lake
Yellowstone Lake
1,519 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining options near South Entrance?

Hi...just wanted to give you what little help I can,being I will be going to the park for my first visit in August. However,even if you can not eat in the Lake dining room, there is still the cafeteria, which I have read, has decent food options as well!! While I cant help with the grocery stores, I am sure that there will be some coming up from that way for you. As far as sights on the way in, west thumb geyser basin in on the way up and I know that they always suggest stopping there. I hope I helped a little, I have gotten so much help on here, it is nice to give back when I can....,have a wonderful, safe trip!!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining options near South Entrance?

Grant Village Dining room, Grant Village Lake House restaurant

Lake Dining room, Lake Cafeteria and Lake Deli

yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/Dining-76.…

Flagg Ranch-Headwaters Dining Room I've never stopped ther.

gtlc.com/headwaters/dining/sheffields-restau…

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,202 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining options near South Entrance?

You could also go a little past Lake to Fishing Bridge and eat at the grill at the General Store.

(Altho editing to add ... not sure how late they stay open. I've heard it's great for breakfast.)

Pam

Edited: 11 July 2012, 00:07
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,491 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining options near South Entrance?

I prefer Fishing Bridge over Lake Lodge Cafeteria, but the cafeteria does have a view of the lake. You could also consider bringing sandwiches or chicken from Dubois in a cooler and having a picnic at one of the great spots in the park.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Lodge Cafeteria
Lake Lodge Cafeteria
559 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Dubois
Dubois
Wyoming
Ruidoso, New Mexico
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining options near South Entrance?

When we stay in Dubois we get our snacks, drinks and ice at Dubois Super Foods. It is on the right on Ramshorn street, the main highway to Togwotee Pass and the National Parks. You will also be passing by Colter Bay in GTNP. CB has a grocery store, restaurants, gift shop, gas station etc.

Mentioned in this post
Dubois
Dubois
Wyoming
6. Re: Dining options near South Entrance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:47