We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan tours

14 posts
Save Topic
Caravan tours

My husband and I are interested in doing the Rushmore, Yellowstone, Teton tour. Has anyone used them...any feedback? We are in our low 30s...what is the age group of most people in the tour group? I was thinking of adding a day and seeing a rodeo...any suggestions? Thanks

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan tours

Here are a couple of previous threads on the Caravan Tours.

tripadvisor.com/…38012946

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999-i481-k53653…

Pam

Mount Dora
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan tours

Hotels

The choice of hotels by Caravan was excellent!! For the price we paid for the overall Tour, I expected mediocre hotels. This was not the case at any of the 5 hotels we stayed at. We especially liked the Adoba Eco, Old Faithful Inn and the Salt Lake City Hilton.

Meals

Meals were very good except the dinner at the Virginian. The meat (like a hamburger paddy) was overcooked, tasteless and tough. I then took some fish and the fish was good.

Sightseeing and Activities

All very good, except the guide on our Snake River float had very little to say. Maybe he wasn’t suppose to as he was guiding the rubber raft.

Rest and Photo Stops Excellent

Tour Director

Nancy and I have been on a lot of Tours and Cruises and I believe Greg was the best Tour Director I’ve ever had. He was by far the most knowledgeable, he had a great sense of humor and he’s excellent with people, making each of us feel very special. He kept the Tour moving comfortably but completed the Tour’s objectives. It wasn’t only his knowledge of the places we visited but his overall awareness of world cultures and history. His verbal skills are excellent.

Local Guides Excellent

Driver

Tom was excellent and the rapport between Tom and Greg was obvious.

Motorcoach Excellent

We took the 7 day Tour in Sept, 2012

John S

Ohio
Level Contributor
247 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravan tours

I was the poster who posted a very detailed review of my Caravan tour in 2010. It was amazing. I also had Greg as the tour guide and he was fabulous. It seems like some of the hotels may have changed from 2010 - 2011 - we didn't stay at the Adoba Eco as the above poster mentioned. I also didn't have a dinner at the Virginian - that was the night we went to the Cowboy show - which was great. If you search this forum, I just did a reply to another post where I listed all the links to my review that I did.

new england south
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan tours

Looking at either the Mt Rushmore or the California/San Francisco to LA as a family vacation. Any thoughts on this for a mixed age group?

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan tours

flamingogramm, unsure why you posted here on the Wyoming/Yellowstone forum. I'd post on the Mt. Rushmore forum and on the CA forum.

If you are planning a road trip, there is also a Road Trip Forum.

6. Re: Caravan tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 05:16