We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canyon lodge cabins

Madison, Indiana
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
canyon lodge cabins

has anyone ever stayed at canyon lodge cabins? Any suggestions on other reasonable areas in the park. Roosevelt cabins are full. thanks

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,137 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canyon lodge cabins

Are you planning for next year (since they close tomorrow)? If so there is a good chance something will open up between now and then.

Pam

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
686 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: canyon lodge cabins

I hope you're wrong Pam! LOL. Just to have a back-up plan in case the Tetons are encased in smoke next weekend, I just booked a Canyon lodge cabin for Sunday, Sept. 9. According to the booking calendar on the website, it looks like the last day is Sept. 22 at Canyon.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,137 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canyon lodge cabins

Uh, I meant Roosevelt closes tomorrow! Sorry that is not clear, serves me right for answering when I am doing other things. Yes, Mtnwriter, you WILL have a place to sleep!

Pam

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canyon lodge cabins

My favorite area is at Lake Lodge cabins - just 15 miles south of Canyon, and much less congested.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
449 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: canyon lodge cabins

Canyon cabins were OK - our cheapest lodging on our trip. The area is a mess but we weren't hanging around there too much.

ykh
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
201 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: canyon lodge cabins

Good location in the park. But currently there are constructions in the area can cause some inconvenience.

It really depends on your next door as you are sharing a thin wall with them. Our first nite was fine but the second nite, the next door was talking so loud that they sound like yelling. Also, you for sure will hear plumbing/water noise when someone using their toilets. If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: canyon lodge cabins

>>>Also, you for sure will hear plumbing/water noise when someone using their toilets.<<<

Who would have thought that "dry cabins" would have the added benefit of no plumbing noise? The more I read, the more I like the Roosevelt Roughrider Cabins!

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
616 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: canyon lodge cabins

I would keep trying for Roosevelt if that's really what you want. Availability changes almost every minute! I got what I wanted about a month ahead of my trip. Just keep checking the Xanterra website and calling.

I am not a fan of Canyon so I agree with staying at Lake. Lake Hotel has nice cabins and so does Lake Lodge, just stay away from the Pioneers.

ykh
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
201 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: canyon lodge cabins

>>Who would have thought that "dry cabins" would have the added benefit of >>no plumbing noise? The more I read, the more I like the Roosevelt >>Roughrider Cabins!

I was planning to stay 5 out of our 6 nites at Roosevelt Roughrider but it's far from a lot of other YNP attractions, so I had to move around. We like it too, best value for the money and it's an interesting experience.

I do believe that Roosevelt lodge is currently closed for the season.

Bridgeport, West...
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: canyon lodge cabins

We stayed in a Canyon Lodge Frontier Cabin that had two doubles and a twin. It was small but efficient. We were there in late July. Walls seemed thin but had no neighbor noise. Loved the location, great for early morning treks to Hayden Valley. There is a lot of construction in the main Canyon area. Would stay there again. We also stayed at a Western Cabin at the Lake which is very nice too. Both options good. Canyon was a lot cheaper.