We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reading Road Construction Delays and Closures

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Reading Road Construction Delays and Closures

So this means now canyon area for me and my dad we arrive September 27 Or is there something I am missing Please help His first my second time visit

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reading Road Construction Delays and Closures

The closure will be from Tower down to Chittenden Rd., so it will be impossible to drive from Canyon to Tower. However, one can still go from Canyon to Norris to Mammoth & out to Lamar valley that way.

Where did you get lodging?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reading Road Construction Delays and Closures

There were one way delays on some roads withinn YNP last week. we had to wait for a "pilot car" a couple of times but usually no longer than 10 minutes max.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reading Road Construction Delays and Closures

The above mentioned is a permanent closure for the rest of the year.

From the nps_yellowstone website:

Full Road Closures

The Canyon Village to Tower Junction road (the Chittenden Road to Tower Junction gate segment only) will be closed to public traffic 24 hours a day starting Sept 22, 2012, to May 23, 2013.

4. Re: Reading Road Construction Delays and Closures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 04:17