We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best entrance

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
best entrance

Which is the best entrance to come into the park driving a 35 ft, RV--

traveling in June?

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,222 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best entrance

Are you coming from Minneapolis? If so your choices would be the East or North entrances. (The NE entrance would bring you over Bearthooth Pass which would be difficult.)

Here is an interesting link that probably has the information you want.

http://www.rvcruzer.com/ystonervroutes.php

Pam

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best entrance

From the article Pam suggested ... <<There is no reason for any RVer to avoid going there.>>

I have to respectfully disagree with the gentleman. The roads are narrow and winding. Pullouts are scarce in many areas, and designed for cars, not RV's. Weather can be treacherous. Inexperienced RV'ers with large vehicles are not advised to learn them in YNP -- it is tough enough even for experienced RV'ers. We see many, many examples of poor, even dangerous driving of large RV's daily. Be safe, folks, and enjoy your vacation.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best entrance

I also have to disagree with his assessment that Paradise valley is the "least scenic" entrance to YNP.. Just personal opinion, but I find it to be a very beautiful drive. I do agree though that it is probably the easiest route for RV travel.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best entrance

I would rule out Beartooth pass & the northeast entrance with a 35' RV in June.

5. Re: best entrance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 22:18