We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

As some of you read on my mini-report, we lost a whole bag of clothes - one day's worth for two people. Most of the stuff was new as I splurged before I left - fleece, sweater, layering stuff, men's levi khakis... all that good stuff.

Well, when we arrived in Lake to do laundry, it was missing. Indeed, we never noticed for two days! Haha! How could we, we had too much to see!

Anyways, I called OF Inn to see if we left it in the room or in the parking lot while re-arranging. Nope. No one turned it in and it wasn't in the log for the Inn. Darn. Oh well.

We were advised to fill out a Lost Report and be as specific as possible with items, colors, sizes. They said that every Monday, lost items are collected all around the park and sent to their headquarters in Gardiner. There, they try to match up these items with lost reports.

Two weeks being home, I realized... nope, someone must have needed those clothes! Oh, well.

But.... drum roll, please... at the end of last week we had a box from Yellowstone National Park. I thought, "no way..." ...way! It was our bag full of dirty laundry! I've never been so excited for dirty clothes! Yellowstone, indeed, matched up our report, boxed them up, paid for shipping and sent them back to their very happy owners.

YNP rocks.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing with us. There are good people in the world; nice to sometimes be reminded.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,093 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

Holy crow. That is amazing. Apparently your clothing wanted a longer vacation than you had planned! Hope they saw some good things, lol.

Pam

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

What a hoot of an ending to your great trip!

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

Very Nice. Was this kudos to Xanterra perhaps, or the NPS? Seems like Xanterra would be the party if the clothes were left in the lodging but let me know - I'm curious.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,502 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

Wow!! That is so amazing.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

Wonderful! I'm so glad to hear this all worked out for you and what a fun update to your TR!

st louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

I guess you have to go back to use those clothes again. I have noticed I have several pictures with the same clothes. Just a different mountain, tree or animal behind me. Great story.Don't you wonder what a journey around the park that your clothes went on.

8. Re: Why Yellowstone National Park is awesome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:18