We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

Hi all, I have been looking at booking 4 nights in Yellowstone for next September, rooms are booking up fast in the more affordable accommodations, but by going a week earlier than planned, I would be able to get two nights in a Canyon Lodge Frontier Cabin 1 Queen and two nights in a OF Lodge Frontier Cabin 1 Double in Old Faithful. I am just wondering if this is a good split of our time? Should we try and spend our first two nights further north in the park e.g. Roosevelt or Mammoth?

I’d like to get these booked today if possible and I know they can be cancelled if needs be, but just wondering if it sounds like a good plan to the experts here.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,536 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

Sounds good imo. 2 nights in OF and 2 nights in Canyon is a good split,

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

Thanks for the speedy response as usual PeachBelle! I have gone ahead and booked both of those. Eek, talk about cart before the horse, not even 100% sure that we are taking this trip! But at the rate accommodation was booking up, I’m delighted to get both of those and they can always be cancelled if something prevents us travelling!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,137 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

That's OK, it is easy to cancel with Xanterra. I totally agree with PeachBelle and feel this is an excellent split.

Pam

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

I have done this so many times before- booking before I'm certain. Xanterra is easy to book/cancel/rebook and you may even find that something you'd prefer over what you've got comes up and you snag that instead, in place of what you've got. Just FYI - Roosevelt closes at the end of Labor Day weekend, so that will not be an option for you. I also like Lake and Mammoth quite a bit, but Canyon is more opposite Old Faithful, so if that's your goal, you've done well.

Centereach
Level Contributor
159 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

we are doing exactly the same thing, 2 days at Canyon and 2 days at Old Faithful, haven't booked a flight yet but hopefully will do that soon.....we are going in June and everything is almost booked up in the park already. Hope you get to go, I am so looking forward to our first time in Yellowstone...

6. Re: Splitting our 4 nights into 2 accomodations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 05:15