We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Lodges Book ??

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
305 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Great Lodges Book ??

Looking to buy a book on the great Lodges of the National Parks. Does anyone have a favorite?

Mount Washburn
National Parks, Mountains
Gibbon Falls
Waterfalls, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Geologic Formations, National Parks
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Lodges Book ??

Great Lodges of the Nation Parks. By Christine Barnes. The companion book to the PBS television series. Great book with alot of history on the Lodges and pictures. I've seen it in the Lodges. I believe amazon sells it also. Hardcover about $35.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Lodges Book ??

I'd go to Amazon, see those listed, and read the reviews. Even if not especially well written, the reviews themselves can be fun reading.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Lodges Book ??

you can get the book, or book and show dvd here : http://www.shoppbs.org/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=great%20lodges&origkw=great+lodges&sr=1

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Lodges Book ??

Both the two PBS specials and the two books based on them (as well as the Canadial sequel) are great and I'd recommend all of them. However, I'd actually buy the dvds of the specials if I had to choose. You really get a sense of what you would be looking at as far as both the lodges and the actual parks.

Basically, I'd go with the "Great Lodges" franchise for an overview of the majority of the most famous lodges and their surroundings, and the most recent editon of the Scotts' Complete Guide for the whole park system in general and advice about which rooms to book.

5. Re: Great Lodges Book ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...