We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Booked, phew!

London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
2014 Booked, phew!

OMG!! That was worse than trying to buy Rolling Stones tickets - the phones went engaged, the lines went dead, the website crashed!!

Finally, OF Inn room booked for next summer, I still don't quite believe it, maybe it'll hit me when I book the plane!!

I'll be back for lots more advice in due time I'm sure of it! haha

Thanks for the all the help and advice so far!

Edited: 01 May 2013, 15:51
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

That is wonderful! So glad you got what you wanted! We look forward to answering your questions AND to reading your Trip Report!

Pam

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
283 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

You will love it! Booked mine online finally, but took 4 separate reservations. Now to wait until July 2014 :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

I have two reservations, one for an old house room with shared bath, and one for a geyserside room.

So which do I take? and which do I give to the other half of my party? :-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,048 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

Staying in geyser side room in September so will let you know then!!

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

I'm in as well. Started with the phone, but but never got past the "all curcuits are busy" recording. Went to the website and got my night at mammoth then 3 nights at Roosevelt. I already had my nights at Signal Mountain in GTNP secured. So my park lodging is set. MsHick wants a couple of nights at the end in Jackson, so I'll get those in place soon (probably less of a rush, but I'll get them set shortly).

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
3,905 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

Got mine. Website bugs. Canyon always says busy, but on right it shows the available rooms and can book from those buttons. Gave up trying to get in on phone.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 16:59
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
283 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

I made 2 nights at OF Lodge, Lake Hotel, and at Roosevelt. Staying in Frontier Cabins at each place. I added extra day at beginning & end just in case we can stretch out our trip! So excited.

At OF, we stayed in a Frontside room last time and I loved it, so not sure the difference with geyserside. I do not think you can go wrong on any of them. You will love it! there was a 2nd floor covered walkway just down from our room with the best view of old faithful, was my favorite to enjoy a drink!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

Whew...I'm all booked, too!!! I began calling right when the lines opened and I worked double duty...phone & computer. I also suffered through lots of online glitches, but in the end, 2 1/2 hours of persistence paid off.

Here's what we have...

3 nights in a Roosevelt Roughrider (3 beds...yippeee)

1 night in a Lake Lodge Frontier Cabin

2 nights Old Faithful Old House (shared bath)...they had an Old House with a tub available but it only had 1 Queen bed

We also have our lodging booked at GTNP (Signal Mt. Lodge cabin) and in Glacier National Park. I'm officially excited now!

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

Old house has a lot of charm, but I really like having a private bath so we have always chosen the geyserside rooms.

London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2014 Booked, phew!

Yea. I have to say its the charm factor vs private bathroom. But the price difference is crazy! Do geyser rooms actually have a good view over the basin?