We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Packed up

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Packed up

Leaving tomorrow afternoon. Spending night in West Yellowstone so we should be in the park by EARLY Friday morning. So excited. I can not wait.

I've been trying to keep up with the forecast on the Weather Channel App on my phone. LOL, It's changing a lot. As of this second, we're looking at pretty good weather. A few hours ago it said SNOW on Friday. A few days ago it said SNOW Friday and Saturday. I'm guessing we may have a mixed bag. Packing for it all. I have rain gear for us and rain gear for my cameras. Sweatshirts, pullover jackets, and caps being packed too. Good thing I'm the "world's greatest packer." (According to my husband) Food is bought and all I'll really have to do tomorrow is fill the cooler with ice, get gas and then get the car packed. As soon as the husband gets home, we will hit the road east. I hope we see lots of critters and I hope I have the right camera, the right lens and a clear shot.

I hope I'm able to keep up with writing on my trip report each day. That makes it so much easier than writing it all at once at the end of the trip. I appreciate all the help I've gotten from y'all during this whole planning process.

Nature Coast...
Level Contributor
193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Packed up

Have a great trip!!! Totally jealous of you & others that can drive there. Packing for all the different weather possibilities is challenging when you have to fly. Looking forward to your trip report. 2 1/2 weeks till I'm headed there. Enjoy!

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,011 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Packed up

looking forward to your reports. Wishing you great views, great weather and of course you will have great memories! Travel safe!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
163 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Packed up

I too am so jealous of everyone who can drive to Yellowstone.If I could drive to Yellowstone I would probably go at least 3 times a year. Luckily we get free luggage this time with Delta. Which will make packing a little easier. My camera stuff fills up our two carry on's. Actually I am almost done packing and I don't leave for 3 weeks. That's how excited I am. VB66 and Pixie wishing you both a great time.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Packed up

Have fun. I'm looking forward to your trip report and pictures please. If you have time can you post if the Black Sand Basin boardwalk is open? We are leaving in 9 days and this is high on my list. Happy travels.

Heidi

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Packed up

Black Sand Basin still isn't open and no word on when it will reopen. Check when you arrive of course, and hope for the best?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Packed up

Thanks for the update Jenmarie. Even if it is not opened I'm sure I will find PLENTY of things to do in its place.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,615 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Packed up

Have a great trip!! Looking forward to your trip report. 3 1/2 months until we are in Yellowstone again!!!

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Packed up

Just saw this on Facebook from Yellowstone Tour Guides

https:/…

05/23/13: Hot off the presses! Black Sand Basin will open at 1500 today!

Have a great time :)

9. Re: Getting Packed up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 06:16