We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
436 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

I’m a bit confused. I gathered that all hotels in the park were run by one concession, Xterra. Is that the case? I went through all their listings last night. But then I ran across a few places reviewed on TA that are NOT on their list (Dunraven, Cascade). Are those separate? Or a subset of the ones listed on the Xterra website, just not listed?

We could use either a cabin (s) or 2 regular rooms. The adult kids would love a cabin, but most seem booked up already (late August...sigh). I don't want to assume nothing is available just because I'm looking in the wrong place. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

Xantera is the concessionaire for the lodging in Yellowstone

http://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/

Dunraven and Cascade are lodge buildings for the Canyon area. They show up as standard hotel rooms. Canyon also has cabins.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 18:37
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

Keep checking the website and calling. Cancellations happen all the time.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

Call, call again, each day, something probably will open up. If not, West Yellowstone lodging is next best.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 19:09
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

Not sure of your situation, but most spend very little time in the cabin anyway- so a cabin or room with 2 queens might work instead of two separate rooms or cabins? Not all 2 bed are queens- so you would need to know. Also, there are some 3 bed lodgings at Canyon and Roosevelt I believe? Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
436 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

Thanks! It's clearer now. We're all one nuclear family (parents and adult children), but 4 adults in one room (and only one bathroom!) gets pretty tight. We're usually forced to get 2 rooms.

6. Re: All hotels and cabins booked by Xterra? Dunraven? Cascade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16