We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

Illinois
Level Contributor
265 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to actually write a trip report for our adventures in Yellowstone and Grand Teton area. I'll just start and hopefully it all comes out ok. We were a group in mid 40's and 60's. I'm going to skip our stops in South Dakota since doesn't really apply to this forum, but after a 3 night stay in Edelweiss Mtn. Lodging we arrived in Livingston, MT and promptly picked up our keys and headed to our rental home on the Yellowstone River a little south of Emigrant, MT in Paradise Valley. We rented thru Patricia Blume Properties and could not have been more satisfied. The house was beautiful & surrounded by mountains and directly on the shore of the river. We unpacked and settled in for the night hoping to get an early start the next day. We saw a coyote and several deer right in our yard that night. Just a hint of the wildlife we would see. It stormed a little and made for perfect mountain sleeping! aaaahhhh!

Mount Washburn
National Parks, Mountains
Elephant Back Mountain
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
Old Gardiner Road
Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks, Mountains
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,532 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

next installment please!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
957 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

I'm with thbergs ... Waiting for what's next!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,542 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

Thanks for posting.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

I drove thru Paradise Valley for the 1st time my May trip, since Beartooth & east entrance were still closed. It is gorgeous! I met some hikers on a trail in the park who stayed at a rental house in Paradise Valley & they too loved it.

Thanks for letting us follow your trip....!

Edited: 26 June 2013, 21:56
5. Re: Trip report Yellowstone & Grand Teton June 2013 (Day 1 of 9)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 07:18