We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 full days in GTNP ?

Danvers...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
2 full days in GTNP ?

we are a mom and a 13 year old girl. I am planning our trip to GTNP and YNP

flying into jackson. the first day will be taken up with flying. should i plan 3 nights and 2 days

in GTNP or is one full day enough? my daughter gets bored just looking out the window

all day. is there more to do? what elce is in the area? we will be 6 nights in YNP later.

Tigerton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
76 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 full days in GTNP ?

I guess it depends on what your daughter and you like to do. You can hike some trails, go white water rafting, horse back riding, there are mountain climbing classes for beginners and families, and you can rent kayaks. If you spend any time in Jackson there is a ton of stuff to do there, an aerial tram that many families enjoy taking, and quite a few different shops. I think 2 days could easily be filled but it all depends on your interests. I hope this helps!

Kristene

PA
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 full days in GTNP ?

I agree with Kristene, there is plenty to do to fill 2 days between all that GTNP & Jackson have to offer. There is also tram ride, shoot out in Jackson, chuck wagon dinner. If you two are into shopping or art galleries, there are several in Jackson.

One or two hikes in GTNP could easily take up a full day, if you are into hiking.

And even a 13 year old girl will probably be impressed with the mountains, lakes, & seeing wildlife!

(I remember being at Garden of the Gods in Colorado as a 13 year old & loving it... remember it clearly all these years later!)

Have fun!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 full days in GTNP ?

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g1798760-Activit…

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
833 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 full days in GTNP ?

I would definately go for three nights/ two days in the Tetons. My husband and I saw a ton if wildlife there, enjoyed a few hikes, took more photographs than I ever thought possible, and rented bikes. You might want to schedule a rafting trip as well. We were not ready to leave and we had three days here.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 full days in GTNP ?

it looks like we will only have 2 nights and one full day.

I would love to know what to do with one day to make the most of it.

a raft trip sounds great but would take up the whole day.

we are open to short hikes. i mostly want to drive and see

the sites.

6. Re: 2 full days in GTNP ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:16