We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
504 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

We have an Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room reserved for August 24 and August 25. I will be traveling with my husband, 3 1/2 year old son, and 8 month old daughter. I like that this room has 2 queen beds and a bathroom, but the price is a little steep. I consider the long walk with all our kid gear - etc to be a big negative. Anybody stay in this room type recently? How are the rooms- are they small? What is the noise level?

I have been trying to get either cabin or an old-house room for those dates for months but I have only managed to snag cancellations for August 25 of an Snow Lodge Western Cabin or Old House Room. No one seems to cancel August 24. I picked up cancellation for a Old Faithful Lodge frontier cabin for August 24 and 25, but I am concerned that it might not work for us (would prefer 2 doubles at minimum instead of 1 double, 1 single).

As of late, I am not seeing many cancellations at all for August (checking several times a day via a link on my phone). So I guess I am trying to get a feel for whether I should just be happy with the room in the Inn or keep trying. I know that Christmas in August will occur during our dates so it will be neat to see the decorations at the Inn. But I know that a cabin will be better for getting in and out with both kids and all our stuff.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,481 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

As your date approaches, keep on top of cancellations- day and night. You can also call Xanterra- they have extended hours a bit now, and the website is not always accurate, so you might luck out.

I have not stayed in the west wing rooms, so no help there.

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

I thought the rooms were a good size. There are always friendly bellhops to help you with your luggage if you can't switch. I stayed on opening night so I don't know how full it was but noise was not a problem.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
504 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

I will go with the West Wing room since it sounds like it is nice enough. Still a little expensive so we will keep trying to the less expensive cabins.

I cancelled the Frontier Cabin. I am holding on the the Old House Room and the Snow Lodge cabin for 8/25.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
504 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

Just got the 24th in a 2 queen room in the Old House part of the inn. So I am finally finished looking for cancellations. I am really happy with the reservations we have. Seven nights in park lodging for under $900. Thanks for all your input..

I will be canceling a few overlapping reservations, if you are looking for rooms the last week of August

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,481 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

congratulations and enjoy!

6. Re: Old Faithful Inn West Wing Standard Room vs. other options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 05:17