We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skeeters gone now that its cooler?

Fort Lauderdale...
7 posts
Save Topic
Skeeters gone now that its cooler?

Arriving Thursday. Just wondering (hoping) we can do without the bug spray now that the temps are dropping.

Marty

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skeeters gone now that its cooler?

Temperatures here are trending a little cooler, so that helps a bit. And it's also continuing to dry out from the spring, and that helps a lot. I rode all day yesterday in the Teton Wilderness at about 7,500' elevation and saw no mosquitoes (but still lots of horse flies and deer flies) and used no spray (but did spray my horse). But we've not yet had our first good frost, so there are still bugs anywhere below about 10,000' elevation. So ... bring your bug spray in case you need it. If it's any consolation, our Wyoming mosquitoes don't leave much of a bite. They're rank amateurs compared to Florida mosquitoes, which I understand have occasionally carried off small children.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skeeters gone now that its cooler?

Hubby and I just got back today. We were camping in Madison last week and experienced almost no mosquitos in the campground (just one or two at sunset). We did a hike in the Bechler area - Cave Falls & Bechler Falls and the mosquitoes were killer on the trail. Other hikes we did around the Park, not too bad, but we wore natural citronella bug juice too.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skeeters gone now that its cooler?

FYI . . . just reported on the Yellowstone NP Facebook page . . . www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php… .

4. Re: Skeeters gone now that its cooler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:19