We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

already plannin next years trip.

Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
already plannin next years trip.

I'm going to be goin to ys by myself next year and since its by myself I'm not doin camping (for some reason when I'm alone I get bear phobia) how does lodgeing compare financially to camping? Do they give u any deals? Or is it a flat ___ per night? I also hear when wanting to stay in cabins or lodging some are better then others. I'm one of those people who doesn't care, id actually rather sleep on the ground but since its solo trip not so much. Which locations are best in the park?

Canyon Village Campground
Canyon Village Campground
#1 of 17 Speciality lodging in Yellowstone National Park
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 Speciality lodging in Yellowstone National Park
Madison Campground
Madison Campground
#3 of 17 Speciality lodging in Yellowstone National Park
USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: already plannin next years trip.

I too am a camper, but loved our Roosevelt roughrider cabin- cheap ($75), clean, bathhouse next door, the closest possible for early morning wildlife viewing in Lamar.

I just peeked on reservations for next summer & every date is still open for the 1 double bed cabin! It's the 2 & 3 bed cabins that are filling up fast.

I would pair Roosevelt with an OF cabin if your interest is geysers or Lake if your interest is mainly wildlife.

Have fun planning!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: already plannin next years trip.

There is some very affordable shared bath lodging at mammoth. The budget cabins at old faithful are also less expensive and if you're used to camping you probably will not mind the walk to the bathroom.

Smithtown, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: already plannin next years trip.

if you are willing to share rest rooms/showers it's less than $100 per night in several areas, including Mammoth in the NorthWest and Tower/Rooselvelt up in the North East.

1quest2thenext.com/category/…

4. Re: already plannin next years trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22