We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

I just realized that I did not book lodging for the day I leave Yellowstone! Opps! I will be departing from the Roosevelt cabins on Sept 2, Tuesday, and flying out of Bozeman on Sept. 3rd, after having spent 6 nites in the park.

So, I have decided to exit the park through West and take the 191 to Bozeman. My flight does not leave until 4:20 on Tuesday, Sept 3rd. which gives me a little time to play with.

I don't necessarily want to stay in Bozeman, because I want to check out the sights/activities along 191. So, any suggestions on where to stay along 191? I don't want to pay top dollar because I won't be in the room.....

Hebgen Lake will probably be a stop, and the visitor center at the earthquake area, wherever that is. Any raft trips along the Gallatin River? Horseback trail rides anywhere in the area? Any recommendations for places to eat?

Oh, is construction going to be an issue? Thanks!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,533 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

Haven't stayed there in years, but Buck's T4 Lodge is still top-rated on TA. It was always very nice and the restaurant was quite good as well (looks like it is #1 as well). Back in the day when I was a meat-eater, I had the best duck ever there. Looks like a different prep now (it was 20+ years, lol!) and pretty spendy prices.

You could also decide to divert out toward Ennis. There are the Lewis Clark Caverns if you all enjoy caves.

Pam

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

Have never been, but others have mentioned the Museum of the Rockies if you do stay in Bozeman.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

Pam--I do like caverns! I was a "caver" back in the day. What route/s do I take?

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,533 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

I think this Googlemap link will work!

http://goo.gl/maps/iOZGt

stateparks.mt.gov/lewis-and-clark-caverns/

Funny that you are a caver!

Pam

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

Just my 2 cents but Howlers Inn is an amazing place. It is a wolf sanctuary and the owners are WONDERFUL!!!! the house is beautiful and we had the best time there!!!!! Her breakfasts are to die for and waking up to the wolves howling was so great. They take great care of their wolves, they are part of their family and we just had the best time!!!

Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
245 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

Try accommodations in Big Sky! Lovely area and a beautiful drive from the West entrance of Yellowstone.

7. Re: West Yellowstone--191--Bozeman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19