We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Faithful Inn

Bentonville...
2 posts
Save Topic
Old Faithful Inn

I'm planning a Yellowstone trip for Sept 2014. I talked with a representative from Xanterra about a Geyserside room as Old Faithful Inn. He said the Geyerside rooms are not in the Old House, but rather are in what he called the Annex, the East Wing or the West Wing.

Is that correct?

I had read that the Old House had much more charm (atmoshpere) than the newer wings.

Are there any rooms with bathrooms in the Old House with a view of Old Faithful?

Mentioned in this post
Old Faithful
Old Faithful
3,944 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,760 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Faithful Inn

Just so you know, a geyser side room does NOT guarantee an Old Faithful view.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Faithful Inn

You will probably not be spending much time in the room. You will want to see the geysers from the boardwalks or relaxing on the huge porch with a drink or an ice cream viewing old faithful!! I would go for a room in the old house for the ambiance but either way, staying anywhere in the old faithful inn is a treat.

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Faithful Inn

I booked a room in the Old House part of OFI and asked for the top floor, facing the Geyser Basin - no view of OF itself but maybe we'll see a few more distant eruptions from the window.

I don't think my partner's going to be too impressed by me booking the top floor. I'll obviously tell her (before she tells me) that I'm lugging all the luggage but even so ...

Anyway, it shouldn't be too bad. I'm told there are only two escalators in Wyoming (though since there's some disagreement on where they are and near-total agreement that when they say "two", they actually mean "four", I'm a mite suspicious about this random factoid) and as an article of total and absolute faith, I'm absolutely completely sure and convinced they must be in the OFI.

LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH NOT LISTENING LAH LAH LAH LAH MY FINGERS ARE IN MY EARS LAH LAH LAH LAH etc.

Mentioned in this post
Wyoming
Wyoming
United States
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,282 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Faithful Inn

Laughing at/with Simon...he has Yellowstone fever badly but I think he has a year to go.

TetonBill may have your escalator answer.

Pam

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,760 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Faithful Inn

The plus with the top floor is that no one is walking around over your head at 4 a.m. :D And for a nice tip, the Bell Hop will help you with that luggage! LOL'ing along with Pam, Welcome to the Yellowstone Fever support group! And yep, I bet TetonBill has that answer!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Faithful Inn

The old section of the Inn gives you more of the experience that early visitors would have had, but you do, I believe, need to share communal showers (I think all rooms have a small sink).

Quite frankly, it's so easy to get to the second floor balcony or go out to sit on the benches surrounding the geyser (baring the heavy daytripper hours with the loads of busses) to see Old Faithful erupt that I don't think you need to worry about a view from your room. And as far as the rooms, it's very easy to walk to the lobby or second floor balcony and ammenities from the newer section of the Inn.

7. Re: Old Faithful Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22