Four of us--two couples in our late 50's, early 60's-- are in the beginning stages of trip itinerary for a 2014 trip. We will land in Jackson, WY, around one pm, wanting to see GTNP and YNP, thinking we should spend two nights in GTNP and four in YNP. We could use some suggestions before finalizing any plans:
1. If we plan a mid June trip, will we be able to do a river float or rafting on the Snake River?
2. Is there a big difference in crowds from mid June/end of June?
3. If we land in Jackson around 2, how long would it take to travel to the Canyon/Lake area? Wondering if to begin there, staying at Canyon for 2 nights, move to Old Faithful for 2 nights, then to GTNP area for the final two nights, which would have us closer to the airport.
4. How long does it take to travel from the Canyon area to Jackson?
5. Or would it be a good option if we stayed in Canyon 3 nights and Jackson Lake Lodge 3 nights, seeing the Old Faithful area of YNP from that location?
Thanks in advance to all of you who provide such wonderful help and insight to those of us who are trying to "wrap our heads" around these beautiful areas of our country that we are unfamiliar with--much appreciated!