We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 24th Yellow Stone

Nanjing, China
2 posts
Save Topic
October 24th Yellow Stone

Hi guys~

My wife and I come from China. We are very happy to choose the States to visit as our first oversea voyage and honeymoon trip. We plan to arrive at Darcy Yellow Stone Town on October 24th. We do not have driver's license, and the park bus seemed to stop operation. Is there any other ways to travel in Yellowstone? And how is the weather or temperature there in Yellowstone at that time?

For your selfless help and advice, we are full of gratitude.

Best regards.

Yours sincerely

Zhen Xin

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 24th Yellow Stone

I would urge you to find another location to visit in late October. Even in the summer, it is difficult to visit Yellowstone without a car. There are some tours, but they are less than ideal. By October 24, most of the tours will be closed and you may run into very snowy difficult weather.

I would look for a warmer area (perhaps Phoenix, Arizona and visit the Grand Canyon) . I am not sure if the parks of Utah (Bryce, Arches, Zion, etc.) would have tours available.

But visiting Yellowstone in late October without a drivers license and car will be a very bad idea.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,791 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October 24th Yellow Stone

Most of the lodging and services will be closed by late October and it can be cold with some snow. It has already snowed up there last week. I also don't think Yellowstone would be the best place to visit in late October.

There are many other National Parks to visit. Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Zion, Arches are a few to look into. www.nps.gov

I would look at Yosemite Nat Park via tour bus out of San Francisco. That might be a better place without a car as there are shuttle buses and guided tours. Check to see if there is lodging available inside the park at http://www.yosemitepark.com/lodging.aspx

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
769 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October 24th Yellow Stone

If you are considering other national parks, I have been to Zion and Bryce in October and they are absolutely wonderful that time of year. The weather is usually great (chilly in the evenings and mornings but short sleeves during the day) and they are not crowded at all. Not being able to rent a car, though, would complicate it.

4. Re: October 24th Yellow Stone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20