We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Question In Park

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
522 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Dining Question In Park

I plan to be in Yellowstone in July 2014 for 5 days. I will have lunch stuff in a cooler. Nevertheless, I was wondering if I can get a quick hamburger for lunch at any of the dining places, if I feel that urge coming on.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,920 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Question In Park

there are a variety of food options. From dining rooms, to grills to cafeterias. If you are at a major location, you can eat a hot meal, but the cooler is great for not having to get to a major location if you are busy elsewhere. Menu's change slightly, but this will give you an idea of options and hours. www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/dining/

I see the website has been updated since I last looked. It also does not include the grills in the General Stores run by Delaware North (which we like).

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,346 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Question In Park

Yep, I'm with thbergs. I prefer the General Store grills, specifically the one at the Lower General Store at Old Faithful and the one at Fishing Bridge. This last year they had a terrific black bean chipotle burger, altho you might be looking for meat. I developed a mild addiction to the black bean burgers...had them 4 times in 5 days, lol!

There are General Stores in addition to those located at Mammoth, Canyon and another one at Old Faithful. Suddenly I'm drawing a blank as to whether the facility at Tower Fall is Delaware North or not, but it seems like they only have hot dog kinds of stuff. Didn't stop there this year as the parking lot was too much of a mess from construction.

Pam

3. Re: Dining Question In Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...