We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Lodge Cabins vs Lake Yellowstone Hotel Frontier Cabins

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Lodge Cabins vs Lake Yellowstone Hotel Frontier Cabins

Currently looking at a night in a western cabin at Lake Lodge. Should we switch to a frontier cabin at Lake Yellowstone hotel?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? Benefits for staying at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel versus the Lodge? Which would you recommend and why?

Thank you!

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
458 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs Lake Yellowstone Hotel Frontier Cabins

TigerLily, there's some good information from this 2012 question about Lake Lodge vs. Lake Hotel Cabins:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999-i481-k53684…

We were trying to decide between those two cabin sites for our 2014 trip after having stayed in a Lake Hotel Cabin in 2012 (my review here: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60999-d2266… ) We decided to go with what we were familiar with and have reservations at a Lake Hotel cabin for 3 nights. From photos I'd seen on Xanterra's site and Trip Advisor's review site, I like the interior of the Lake Hotel cabins better than Lake Lodge's cabins. The Lake Lodge and the Lake Hotel are fairly close to one another if you care to try either the Lake Lodge cafeteria or the Lake Hotel dining room. Both the Lodge and Hotel have nice views of Lake Yellowstone. I don't know whether any of the Lake Lodge cabins have views of the Lake, but the Lake Hotel cabins don't.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
6,304 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs Lake Yellowstone Hotel Frontier Cabins

I personally prefer the Lake Lodge cabin area, but we always stay in the least expensive cabins there, as we spend very little time in the cabin anyway and just want a bed. Don't count on any views from the cabins at Lake Lodge either, but it is a short walk to the lake, and a nice place to sit in rockers on the porch of the lodge.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs Lake Yellowstone Hotel Frontier Cabins

We stay in a Lake Hotel Frontier cabin for part of our visit each year.

One benefit of staying in a Hotel cabin instead of a Lodge cabin is that you can make reservations for the Lake Hotel dining room when you make your cabin reservation rather than having to wait until 60 days before the dinner reservation date. The Lodge and the Hotel are considered two different properties.

During the high season (July-August) the prime dinner hour reservations at the Hotel dining room are often taken and you may have to settle for an early or very late time. If you eat at the Lodge cafeteria, that is not an issue because it is walk-in service.

The Hotel cabins and dining room open earlier in the season (May 17) than the Lodge cabins and cafeteria (June 10) and they are closer to the Lake General Store. They all close at the same time (September 29).

The Hotel lounge and sun room are open to everyone; you don't need to be a Hotel guest to enjoy them. Likewise, the Lodge lounge area and front porch are open to all.

Edited: 13 November 2013, 04:56
4. Re: Lake Lodge Cabins vs Lake Yellowstone Hotel Frontier Cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:19