We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

I have reservations this June for OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen with a private bath. Yes, I was lucky enough to get one woohoo!!! When I made the reservation June of 2013 my son insisted he did not want to go with us (what do mom and dad know lol)!....So I made the reservation for just me and me and husband, one bed. Our son has now decided it would be fun to go to Yellowstone. Frustrated but beyond happy he is going because the fam going to YS together, a dream of mine becoming a reality. Of course I can't find a room at this point, and will keep trying but in the meantime, does anyone know the answers to my questions...

1. Anyone who has actually stayed in a OFI Old House rm/private bath 1 Q bed tell me if a twin air mattress would fit in the room? And are we talking you would have to bounce over the airmat or would there be room to walk around?

2. I called X and explained what happened and ask if they have a cot for additional charge, she said no... I ask if we could bring a air mattress, and she said yes. Has anyone ever done this and received grief for it? (I don't want to take mat down and put it up every night).

3. Does anyone know where I can find pics of an OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - With Private Bath? It is driving me crazy that I don't have a clue what I am in for when we walk in the door!!

I know enjoy the ride and excitement of not knowing, I just can't do it, possibly it is a control issue lol!! It is driving me nuts!!

Just a note for those who have a OFI Old House Room w/ private bath, I found out the bathroom is TUB ONLY!!! I didn't know that when I made the reservation, I have on my packing list to bring a shower head hose that slips over the faucet.

Thanks to any responses, I appreciate your help and it will certainly put my mind ease!

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

I have stayed in the Old House in a room w/o bath. Our daughter stayed in a room just across the hall (also no bath). And I have been on the OFI tours more than once and been shown multiple OH rooms. I can tell you they are all different. The room my husband and I stayed in when traveling with our daughter would not have allowed for an air mattress to be added, even if we were willing to crawl over it to get to the door. The room our daughter stayed in would have allowed more than one air mattress with no problems. Odd shape, but very quaint. There is just no telling. And I'm actually surprised that the reservation agent told you it would be allowable. I don't know and can't find if that's the official policy, but I would be concerned because I've seen in other national park lodging operated by Xanterra that rollaways are not available and the maximum capacity is two.

So, to get to the point, I would say you should definitely keep trying for that larger room. I don't know if you are reluctant to choose a room w/o bath, but if you are willing to give that a try (it's really not bad. When we stayed, the bathroom was VERY close, and had 2-3 showers, plus fluffy white robes for all of us in the room to protect our modesty), you might be able to add on a w/o bath room for your son while you keep trying for a room that will accommodate all three of you.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

Thank you so much for your response. I am very leary of the clearks response because of the same reasons you mentioned, and most hotels do not allow guest to bring an extra bed. The clerk even went on to say "oh you could just pack a sleeping bag and camp pad and not have to mess with a large airmat in the room". I am going to keep trying for a larger room or a 2nd room. Thanks again for your response!

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

Hello Adventuritis, I really started to doubt my phone call with the reservation clerk so I called again today and spoke with a different person. She confirmed that all of the private bathroom queen room will allow space for one person several will allow 2 to sleep on the floor/air mat but there is not much space left in the room which is fine because this is a space to sleep only, we plan to be out most of the time. She changed our reservation to now show 3 in room, which increased our 7 day stay by $127. My revised confirmation email contained this wording...BEDSPACE IS FOR 2 PEOPLE ONLY:GUEST REQUIRED TO PROVIDE OWN BEDDING FOR SLEEPER(S) ON FLOOR. So now we know, and I have it in writing. I was shocked that the bill increased since we must bring all the bedding, but it is well worth it to stay at the Inn! I am so excited, and thanks again for your input!

May I also add that when I made the original resevation and the 2 addtional calls the reservation clerks were all very nice and polite!

Edited: 20 January 2014, 18:08
4. Re: OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 04:32
Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

Thanks Ystoner! Very glad to hear that, and I am sure we will use the public showers as well, almost all of the shower reviews tend to be really good. My main concern was having to use restroom during the night. We are "TT campers" so we are used to using public showers from time to time. Thanks again for your post!!

6. Re: OF Inn Old House Room 1 Queen - w/ Private Bath-size of rm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:17