We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June trip advice please...

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
June trip advice please...

We are a family of 4 (kids aged 7 and 3). I finally have my final dates planned and flights booked after months of changed plans. We are now flying into Cody on a Friday, land about 4:30pm. We will pick up a rental car and check into a hotel. I have managed to get two nights in Yellowstone after checking the website over and over the last couple of months. Here is our plan so far:

Friday night: Cody - see shootout and dinner at Irma Hotel. Possibly rodeo afterwards depending on how tired the kids are.

Saturday night: Roosevelt Lodge (booked)

Sunday night: Big Sky, 320 Ranch

Monday night: Canyon Lodge (booked)

Tuesday night: Jackson

Wednesday night: Jackson

Thursday: fly out of Jackson

I have a few questions so far. In Cody, are there any hotels near the rodeo so you can walk over?

On Saturday, what route should be take into Yellowstone. At this stage I am thinking of doing the Chief Joseph Highway, enter the park from the north west and see the Lamar Valley area and Tower Falls. Staying overnight at Roosevelt, not sure if we will do chuckwagon dinner as we may do one out of Jackson.

Sunday: Mammoth Hot Springs area, then onto Big Sky at 320 Ranch, I think it's the closest we are going to be able to get to a ranch stay which we really want to do on this trip.

Monday: Go to the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Centre in West Yellowstone, then into the park again. Tonight we are at Canyon Lodge in a cabin. Open to suggestions on what way to travel on this day and what to see.

Tuesday: Maybe visit Old Faithful Geyser this morning, then head down to the Grand Tetons. Late this afternoon check into Jackson Hotel for 2 nights.

Wednesday: Plan on having a slower day, 1/2 day rafting trip for me while kids can rest if they need to. Tonight we may do the wagon ride and dinner.

Would welcome any advice on our trip so I can do some more planning. Thanks!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June trip advice please...

> In Cody, are there any hotels near the rodeo so you can walk over?

The Cody, Cody Cowboy Village, Big Bear Motel, and Grizzly Bear Lodge.

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June trip advice please...

Thanks!

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: June trip advice please...

dear Kelly what is this rafting trip you speak of .....I am too in the mist of planning our june 2014 trip into YNP and GTNP very interested in this rafting stuff plz advise :)

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,610 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: June trip advice please...

tom y....... you can google "river rafting Jackson Wyoming" and come up with lots of information/opportunities for whitewater and/or scenic river float trips in the Jackson/Grand Teton area.

Or you can do a search on Trip Advisor by typing what you're looking for into the search box at the top of each forum page to see if there are any recent threads regarding the subject that you're interested in. I did that and found this thread from last July titled "River rafting near GTNP". The first response by Teton Bill has a very detailed description of what is available.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143029-i1019-k670…

Deb

Edited: 09 February 2014, 17:21
Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June trip advice please...

I am going to probably book through Barker Ewing (I think it's called), it's highly recommended on here..

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: June trip advice please...

okay thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,382 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June trip advice please...

Yes you will like the folks at Barker Ewing- they do a great job with their scenic float trips!!

8. Re: June trip advice please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...