We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Old Faithful lodge cabins

I was able to reserve a cabin with a double and twin at OF lodge for 2 nights. However, our family consists of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 10). We don't have a problem with one of the kids sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. Will having an extra child in the cabin be a probelm (we only made a reservation for 2 adults, 1 child). I am watching for another cabin to become available but I don't know if it will. We need at least one of the cabins to have a bathroom due to medical issues so the budget cabins with 2 doubles won't work even if they are available.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Faithful lodge cabins

I'm not very familiar with the OF lodging, but as you've seen from the reservation you already made, it will get pretty expensive if you book 2 cabins. It's personal choice, but as long as you don't feel crowded, I don't see a problem with reserving just one cabin. We always stayed at Lake Lodge with our 3 kids, and it was never an issue to have one of them use a sleeping bag on the floor. I would let Xanterra know that there will be 2 children, not 1, though.

Enjoy your trip!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
297 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Faithful lodge cabins

No charge or issue for extra kids. We have 3 kids, so total of 5, and we always have one on the floor! We just bring an inflatable bed & lay it on mattress each day when we leave. I have 2 cabins reserved at Roosevelt, hoping to get a cancellation for 3 double cabin!

3. Re: Old Faithful lodge cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18