We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canyon to norris to mammoth

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Topic
canyon to norris to mammoth

Shouldnt we be able to visit these areas n 1 day whioe spending 3 or so hours n each area besides canyon?

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

Forgot to add that we r staying at canyon

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

You can do an upper loop drive with some sightseeing in one day. I, personally, would suggest starting north over Dunraven Pass in the morning and tour counter-clockwise as the east side of the upper loop is more fertile with wildlife than the lower west side.

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

So maybe deive up to roosevelt then mammoth and then down to norris and then stop by virginia cascades on our way back ro canyon?

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

That's what I would do. I think you asked before about hiking up Mt. Washburn. I would not attempt to fit that in the same day as it takes up quite a bit of time, but you could drive a few miles out the Northeast Entrance Rd. if you get an early start and probably still be to Mammoth by lunch time (assuming you don't become riveted to a wildlife scene and end up sticking around watching for hours. Not that there's anything wrong with that!).

tulsa
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

Well monday were gping to wake up early head out to lamar valley for sunrise hangout there for a while then head back toward roosevelt amd then south bqck to canyon does that sound good

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

Yes, great plan.

7. Re: canyon to norris to mammoth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:17