We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitewater rafting in Yellowstone or Jackson

Mexico City
Level Contributor
78 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Whitewater rafting in Yellowstone or Jackson

Hi all, Starting to work our some of the details for our July trip. We have 4 days in West Yellowstone, and 3 in Jackson. Whitewater rafting is on the list and I wonder if anyone has experience in the two areas. Any big difference in scenery from the different rivers, big water or rapids, (looking for class II or III for the family, maybe a little bigger hahaha) I'm going to post in both forums and hope for objective reviews, no so much "ours is better, theirs sucks." Actually I'm sure BOTH are better LOL....

Thanks in advance

bill

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,868 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitewater rafting in Yellowstone or Jackson

Actually the forum is so small most of the regulars read and respond to all the posts. I posted on the other thread.

Pam

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,230 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitewater rafting in Yellowstone or Jackson

Do the Snake River south of Jackson. Plenty of different operators.

Have fun.

Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitewater rafting in Yellowstone or Jackson

"Whitewater" on the Yellowstone River north of YNP is pretty placid. The Snake River south of GTNP has actual whitewater. As indicated above, there are several companies in Jackson that run whitewater raft trips. ENJOY!

4. Re: Whitewater rafting in Yellowstone or Jackson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15