We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Housekeeping Camp

Mississippi
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Housekeeping Camp

I've just checked the weather forecast for next week when we'll be in Yosemite--35 degrees for lows!!!!! Are the tents at Housekeeping Camp heated? And I still don't know where we'll get firewood.

Mentioned in this post
Housekeeping Camp
Housekeeping Camp
801 Reviews
Yosemite National Park, CA
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,433 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Housekeeping Camp

You need to check carefully for the elevation. I believe those are the lows for the high country, above 8000 feet. The valley is at 4,000. The site I checked said lows of 50 in the valley.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Housekeeping Camp

Don't worry- you'll be fine. Even on the coldest night I've camped in Yosemite I was warm enough with some sweatpants, socks and a sleeping bag. I doubt it will be even that cold for you. Definitely NOT subzero or even close!

You can purchase firewood at the store in Yosemite Village, but they may have it available at HC as well.

Mentioned in this post
Yosemite Village
Yosemite Village
447 Reviews
Yosemite National Park, CA
Mississippi
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Housekeeping Camp

Thanks so much. We were thinking about canceling!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Housekeeping Camp

Why cancel? There is firewood at Housekeeping, Yosemite Store AND Curry Village.

I don't think there'd be a problem renting another blanket at Housekeeping. The 'tents' aren't heated, but do have electricity.

I'm sure the 35 temp was for high country, not the valley. The air warms right up with the sun.

It would be a shame for you to cancel at this point. What do you think a good jacket (some people just wear an extra sweatshirt) and a morning cup of coffee are for? :)

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Housekeeping Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 14:24