We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite in early April

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Yosemite in early April

We arrive in Yosemite on April 7th where we have planned to stay for 4 nights (3 whole days).I understand that at this time of year much of the park is inaccessible owing to snow. But I also have heard that ski-ing/snowboarding will be over. We had hoped to hire bikes or kayak but now hear that these activities may not yet have started! My question is this: are we better off reducing our stay to 2 whole days in the park and spending an extra day in San Franciso (we already have 2 whole days there). Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite in early April

Good morning Catmachat,

Why not take a look at the Yosemite Today magazine for the period last year around when you will be arriving this year. There are some changes from year to year, but not so many that you can use this magazine as a guideline. www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/today.htm

From this, if you think there are enough activities, then hang out the three days. I don't think you will be disappointed, the park is quite lovely and you will see some great waterfalls during the time of your visit.

Enjoy!

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite in early April

thank-you for the tip. I will certainly check this out.

3. Re: Yosemite in early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 23:18