We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

Headed there 9/09 so can book next week. Do any of the standard rooms have a view or do I need to go to the higher priced rooms for that?? (And from reviews, I understand that many of the higher priced ones don't have a view) If I have to plan a year in advance, I'd sure like to do it right!! Thanks.

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

I don't believe that at the year in advance point they book you any specific room, just a room type. As they get closer to arrival dates, they will know how many multiple night stays there are and the pieces tend to all fall together. You can request a room with a view, but I don't believe these are guaranteed.

Have a great trip!

los angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

forget the view, you won;t be in your room during the light hours anyway.

what you want is a room close to the falls so you get the water sound for sleeping. Best sleep you will ever have.

have a great trip

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

A followup to the previous comment...the sound of the waterfalls is incredible! However...if you're staying in September, Yosemite Falls will in all likelihood be completely dry...or possibly trickling.

No matter what room you have, you'll be 5-15 minute flat walking distance from spectacular views. Also, the Mountain Room dining area at the Lodge offers lovely views of what in the spring is Yosemite Falls, in September, still lovely views of some huge granite cliffs.

Hope you have your reservation! September is a lovely time to be in the park.

North Eastern Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

Hi,

We stayed at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls Sept. 10-12, 2008. We had a lodge room which was very nice - so I don't know how the standard room compares. Just know, though, that in September the falls will all be just a "trinkle", you will need binoculars to see the trinkle. We found out that the best time is May and early June for the best of the falls when the snowfall melts - so guess we have to go back next time in the Spring. Scenery was awesome especially at Glacier Point even without the falls, but we would have loved to have seen and/or heard those falls from our room.

Yosemite / Sierra...
Level Contributor
560 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

If you want views and intend to spend time in your room during daylight hours, don't book a hotel room in Yosemite Valley. If you want views and would like to spend time indoors or outside on a deck or patio, rent a home with decks with known vistas - check out www.VRBO.com. That said, I agree, the water falls are not "the draw" in September. The reason to go to Yosemite in September is fewer crowds and perhaps a hiking trail all to yourself. The weather is usually also very pleasant in September.

Happy planning!

6. Re: Lodge at the Falls Standard rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 23:22