We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused...

Denmark
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Confused...

Hi

My husband and I will be visiting Yosemite on 10 April next year. We will be staying in San Francisco and will leave there at noon to drive to Yosemite. We will then stay overnight in/near Yosemite and will have most of the following day there before going back towards the coast.

We would like to stay somewhere central in Yosemite, as we don't have much time. We are hoping we will have time to see a few things on the first day even though we will arrive late afternoon.

We have been looking at a few hotels, but it seems a bit silly to stay somewhere outside the park and then drive back there the following day...

The problem is that our budget is max. $150, and we can't seem to find anything in Yosemite Valley for that price - except for Curry Camp. And the fact that we would have to go outside to go to the toilet and bath doesn't attract us too much..

Any advice and help would be much appreciated...

Thanks guys..

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused...

El Portal is just outside the west entrance. The drive in to Yosemite Valley would be pretty short. Cedar Lodge in El Portal has rooms that fit your budget.

Denmark
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused...

Thanks - that looks like a good option. Do you have a website for the hotel or perhaps an e-mail address?

Thanks again

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused...

Yosemite View Lodge is the pricier of the two hotels, but a little nicer I think...

www.yosemite-motels.com/yosemiteviewlodge/

Cedar Lodge is in the same vicinity...

www.yosemite-motels.com/cedarlodge/index.htm

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused...

April 10th is Good Friday, just before Easter and a whole lot of spring break travelers. Do get your reservations pronto! If you don't find what you want in El Portal, consider one of the choices along Highway 120, there are several in your price range. www.StayNearYosemite.com

Have a fantastic holiday!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused...

Curry has a cabin with private bath for $198 and it includes breakfast (generally and traditionally breakfast is not included in lodging in the U.S. although many motels offer buffet continental breakfast these days). For one night in Yosemite, I would splurge, spend the extra $48 and stay in Yosemite Valley.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused...

I think you can get a room at the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls for around $170. I think it is worth a little extra to stay in the valley.

I see the website shows they are booked for the date you want.

Try calling the front desk at the lodge 1-209-372-1274. You may have better luck than on the website or you may be able to get on a waiting list or something.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,987 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused...

Curry Village also has some motel rooms with ensuite bathroom.

The website shows that things are pretty much booked up for April 10, but it is well worth a phone call to try to find something inside Yosemite Valley.

However, the number to call is the main reservations line at 801-559-4884. The Yosemite Lodge front desk can't make advance reservations, and they do not keep a waiting list. Everything goes through the main DNC office.

8. Re: Confused...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 11:19