We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

I just got lucky and booked 2 nights at the Lodge for the last week in June. I've never stayed at the Lodge, but we've stayed a few time at Curry Village, in the tent cabins and in a cabin w/out bath. Despite what Curry Village lacks I've always enjoyed myself.

So what do should I expect at the Lodge? Is it worth the extra $ over Curry Village. I booked a Lodge room which I guess is nicer than the Standard room? Is it?

Also is there a nicer area to ask for prior to arriving? I prefer being upstairs, do they allow requests?

My other choice was the Evergreen Lodge outside the park. It looks wonderful but, I'm worried that I'll regret not staying in the park.

Thanks

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

scincali -

i called and talked to the front desk at yosemite lodge (got number from that web-site) and they were very helpful with my questions (i was also debating lodge versus village - but decided on lodge). They also advised me to call the reservation number and request a room looking at the falls - they can't guarantee it, but they can note the request and hopefully accomodate that. :)

Have a great trip!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

Ugh the falls are so loud & they don't turn them off at night!

Guess by the last week in june it might not be quite so loud.

The good thing about going at the end of June is that the daylight will last late late late! Plus it will be warm. You can stay out late to see all the sights or take an evening walk or listen to a renager talk, take a flashlight hike so many things. By the time you get to your room, you'll fall into bed and welcome sleep.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

Thank you for the suggestions.

This is our only get-a-way this summer so I'm really looking forward to it. Last time we went my daughter couldn't make to the top of Vernal Falls, but now she's 16 so she'll have no problem. Can't wait.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

If you don't get (or don't want) a falls view room, it is a very very short walk to the falls. I was there several Easter's ago and asked specifically for a renovated room, which we got. The bathrooms, however, were a little dated and the rooms were small but very nice. Restaurants and the evening ranger talk were nearby and good. We were SO glad we stayed there rather than outside the park to take advatage of every minute.

Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

this would be a great help i think www.mapjack.com....

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

The is a great site:

http://www.yosemitefun.com/index.htm

I kept it bookmarked so I could check the weather from the east coast. The site has excellent suggestions for 1-day, 2-day tours, reviews on lodging, information on bears, etc.

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
961 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

hey where can u hike @ nite w/a flashlite??

thanks

m

LA
Level Contributor
9,627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

There aren't really any places set up for night hikes, unless the rangers have night tours.

The terrain is not flat, there are rocks, tree roots, steep grades.

And there may be bears.

Stick to a ranger-guided tour if this is what you want to do. We are usually too exhausted to do any night hiking.

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
961 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

yea thats what i figured...

also are there some good guided/expert talks at nite at the lodge...

?

thanks

m

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Yosemite Lodge...have some questions for you.

I always suggest that visitors consult the Yosemite visitor's guide to see what might be happening during their visit. If the visitor guide for the period during your upcoming visit is not yet published you can always look over last year's as the activities will be similar. The summer time has many kinds of evening activities that are free/included with your entry to the park. These are listed in the Visitors Guide published (see link below) or given to you when you arrive at the entrance station. Last year they had an evening program in June and July about the starry skies over Yosemite.

www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/guide.htm

Also the Tenaya Lodge has flashlight hikes regularly but I don't know if they are free. I can't remember if we paid when we went:

tenayalodge.com/SpringSummer_Activities.aspx