We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

want a cabin, but which one??

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
want a cabin, but which one??

I am planning a trip in the future, next fall.

It will be my husband and myself. I see that Curry

Village has cabins with a bath. I also saw something

about Stoneman Cottages but was unable to find out

the location and cost. We don't want deluxe accommodations nor do we want to spend a bundle.

Please help me out....

California
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: want a cabin, but which one??

Curry village hard sided cabins with bath are quite rustic but clean and fine if you don't want fancy. they are really cabins, most are duplex so they share one wall with the cabin next door, they are one room with bathroom, and a little porch, no TV or phones. If you're out most of the time and just need a place to sleep they are fine and the location is great. That is where we usually stay. The Stoneman units are more like a small motel, a little more modern and I think they might have a phone though you should check on that. The locations are right next to eachother so there isn't a really big difference, Stoneman is closer to the check in and cafeteria. There is a bus stop directly in front of Stoneman which is convenient but if I had the rooms facing the bus stop I wouldn't like it. The Stoneman units have a wraparound porch so it's not a private porch, and like a motel they have 2 adjoining walls. So, Stoneman is more modern perhaps with a phone and closer by a small amount to facilities, but the hardside cabins are more private.

California
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: want a cabin, but which one??

I assume you have the reservations website but here it is:

www.yosemitepark.com/Accommodations.aspx

It doesn't list the pricing if you just look at the accomodation types, but if you plug in the dates you want to stay it will come up with all the available lodging for those dates and the prices.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,007 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: want a cabin, but which one??

If you go to the yosemitepark link Lorenky gave you, click Sept 2010, then from the pull down menus select "Curry Village" and "Stoneman Room 1 Double" the price and availability will show up. However, the booking engine seems to still be having some difficulties ~ the available rooms aren't described as Stoneman Rooms, so I'd advise you call directly once you've had a chance to do a bit more research.

You're so wise to be making your lodging reservations now!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,486 posts
5,249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: want a cabin, but which one??

Two other options if you want a real cabin with kitchen, etc. check

The Redwoods - its by Wawona - about an hour drive away from Yosemite Valley.

http://www.redwoodsinyosemite.com/

as well as

Yosemite West

http://www.yosemitewest.com/homes.html

Camp Curry is an older outdoors resort with rustic cabins - if you can get one with a bath you can consider yourself most fortunate, as most places share public bathrooms.

Compare the prices however between Camp Curry and one of these other places.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: want a cabin, but which one??

Thanks to you all! I will continue to check the

accommodations link and also give them a call.

Your information is greatly appreciated....

6. Re: want a cabin, but which one??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 05:17