We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuolumne/Tioga opening prediction in the Yosemite Guide

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,541 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Tuolumne/Tioga opening prediction in the Yosemite Guide

Did anyone else see this in the April/May issue of the Yosemite Guide?

"Tioga Road, which links east and west segments of California Hwy 120, will likely open in late June." nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/upload/yg10-3.pdf page 6

Are folks still thinking that the road will be open by Memorial Day? Or is it still too early to speculate?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuolumne/Tioga opening prediction in the Yosemite Guide

Mammoth is about 20 miles south of Tioga. They just extended ski season to July 4, though only on the higher-up runs. Those areas are lower elevation than the summit of Tioga. I think very late June / early July sounds right,

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuolumne/Tioga opening prediction in the Yosemite Guide

There is no update on the NPS Website, and the projected opening date for Tuolumne Meadows Tented Camp is still listed as Jun11.

Put me down for June 11 in the Tioga Pass Opening Pool.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuolumne/Tioga opening prediction in the Yosemite Guide

Haven't heard any plowing updates about Tioga Road.

Glacier Point Road plowing started last week. 7 feet of snow. 2/10 of a mile up from Badger Pass cut off is how far they've gone.

I'm SO not speculating this year, as far as an exact date. I am going to vote not by Memorial Day weekend for Tioga. But I'd love to be wrong.

More snow predicted this week...down to the Valley potentially which means definite snow up on Tioga and Glacier Point Roads.

4. Re: Tuolumne/Tioga opening prediction in the Yosemite Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 07:18