We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day, maybe a day 1/2

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
1 day, maybe a day 1/2

Hi!!! My husband an I are 37 and we have a 13 year daughter. We are all very adventurous and love to hike. We will going to Californina in Late June, Begginning of July. We found a little time to fit in Yosemite but only a day mayba a day 1/2. We will be staying at the South Gate. Please tell me the must see's and what hikes are the best if we have time for them and how long it will take to get around. Any info is appreciated. Thank your sooooo much, Rhonda

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,545 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day, maybe a day 1/2

H Rhonda

Have you had a chance to read the Itineraries and Trip Reports (in the Top Questions) in the upper right? We have collected great information for travelers there.

You'll probably want to visit nearby Mariposa Grove at a non-crowded time. Taking a picnic dinner into the grove while you hike is perfect for adventuresome folks. www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/mg.htm

Spend some time at Glacier Point (about an hour from the South Entrance) and hike up to Sentinel Dome. Include the Taft Point Fissures if you want a longer walk. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-d532061/Yosemi…

The falls in the Valley should still have lots of water with all this snow. Reaching the Valley will take just over an hour from the South Entrance or just under an hour from Glacier Point. The One Day Itineraries options should give you lots of ideas for the Valley. "What to see when you drive into the Valley" Traveler Article is included in the One Day Itineraries.

Tuolumne Meadows is a really long drive from your location, and with your limited time, will need to be saved for your next visit.

Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day, maybe a day 1/2

Thank you. I read those articles and they help a lot. Rhonda

3. Re: 1 day, maybe a day 1/2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 21:17