We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help deciding

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
need help deciding

If you have visited YNP previously which hotel would you choose?

Tenaya or Wawona.

Thank you

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,888 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help deciding

midon

It's still personal preference.

I would not be happy in a full service resort outside of the Park boundaries; that doesn't feel like an authentic Yosemite experience to me. But some folks would not care for the rustic qualities of the Wawona Hotel.

What do YOU want? What kind of experience is important to you?

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help deciding

There should be a price consideration between the two and distance to things you want to see and do, along with the huge diffence in amenities. Weigh these factors for your travel style/budget/preferences.

If you are just taking a poll, for me I would choose the classic Wawona.

Chicago
Level Contributor
510 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help deciding

We stayed at Tenaya last year. It's a very nice, beautiful hotel, but driving back and forth, an hour or so each way, to the Valley every day ate into our time in the park and it was an exhausting drive. The road requires full attention with all the twists and turns.

Wawona is closer and cheaper. Haven't seen it myself outside of pictures, but seems like it's more of a place just to lay your head at night, whereas Tenaya is more of a resort feeling.

4. Re: need help deciding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:16